Math 222: Analytic Geometry - Calculus II; Fall 2021.
Dr. Stefan Forcey
Office: CAS 275
Office Phone: 330-870-5541
Email is sforcey (AT) uakron.edu (...this is the best way to get a hold of
Class and Office hours:
Section 004 = 10:45-11:35,
Section 005 =11:50-12:40
Zoom any time by appointment!
Textbook: Required: Calculus Early Transcendentals, J. Stewart, Ninth edition.
The syllabus will include information about grading
policies, exam schedules and policies, etc.
Course Outline with dates:
• Jan 11. Day 1.
• Jan 17: Last day to add.
• Jan. 18: No class for MLK day.
• Chapter 6: Areas and Volumes
• Chapter 7: Integration methods
• Jan. 24: Last day to drop.
• TEST 1 Feb 12 during classtime Review questions--also study hw and quizzes! Answers to review.
• Feb. 16: No class on Pres. day.
• Feb. 28: Last day to w/draw.
• Chapter 11: Sequences and Series
• TEST 2
• Apr. 12-16: Spring break.
• Chapter 8: Curves and Surfaces
• Chapter 10: Parametric and Polar
• TEST 3.
• April 30: Last day.
• Comprehensive Final Exam.
Lectures, Homework and Quizzes
Homework problems will be posted here. Homework will be assigned but usually NOT graded.
However we will have a quiz almost every week.
No makeup quizzes will be
given, but 15 quiz/homework points will be dropped.
Old Syllabus for 7th Edition problems.
I have thought a lot about how to excel in math, especially a tough course like this one! Here is a checklist, with estimated time spent. At the bottom are the basic needs, and moving up the page is moving towards total mastery and higher grades.
For integration, you can't beat wolfram alpha . Subscription is $4.75/month.