Math 307: Fundamentals of Advanced Mathematics; Section 2, Fall 2013.
Time and Location:
MWF 9:55-10:45 in Zook 407.
Dr. James (JP) Cossey
Textbook: Required: "Mathematical Proofs: A Transition to Advanced Mathematics", by Chartrand, Polimeni, and Zhang (second edition).
- Office: CAS 234
- Office Phone: 330 972 8127
- Email is email@example.com (which is the best way to get a hold of
- Office hours:
- Tuesdays 12-1
- Wednesdays 2-3
- Thursdays 11-12
- If you can't make my office hours, let me know and we can try to
a time to meet. Here is my schedule
for the spring semester.
The syllabus will include information about grading
policies, exam schedules and policies, etc. You
should definitely read it.
Here's an approximate schedule of
what we'll be doing this semester. Emphasis on the "approximate".
There will be homework assigned weekly, and the
assignments will be posted here.
- Homework 1 , due Wednesday, September 4th.
- Homework 2 , due Wednesday, September 11th.
- Homework 3 , due Friday, September 20th. ADDED: 47, 48, 51, 59, 62. Also, the homework is now due the day of the exam, Wednesday, September 25h.
- Homework 4 , due Monday, October 7th. Note the special "Proof without words" problem. If you didn't get the handout in class for it, then you can grab a copy from the bulletin board outside my office (CAS 234).
- Homework 5 , due Wednesday, October 16th.
- Homework 6 , due Wednesday, October 30th. Note the next "Proof without words" problem.
- Homework 7 , due Monday, November 11th. Here is a write up of Problem 4.
- Homework 8 , due Friday, November 22nd.
- Homework 9 , due Friday, December 6th.