Math 307: Fundamentals of Advanced Mathematics; Spring 2010.
Time and Location:
MWF 8:50 to 9:40 AM in Crouse 209.
Dr. James (JP) Cossey
Textbook: Required: "A Transition to
Advanced Mathematics" (sixth edition) by Smith, Eggen, and St. Andre.
- Office: CAS 234
- Office Phone: 330 972 8127
- Email is firstname.lastname@example.org (which is the best way to get a hold of
- Office hours:
- Mon 10-11
- Wed 1-2
- Fri 3:30-4:30
- If you can't make my office hours, let me know and we can try to
a time to meet. Here is my schedule
for the fall semester.
The syllabus will include information about grading
policies, exam schedules and policies, etc. You
should definitely read it.
Here's an approximate schedule of
what we'll be doing this semester. Emphasis on the "approximate".
There will be homework assigned weekly, and the
assignments will be posted here.
- Homework 1, due Friday, January 22nd.
- Homework 2, due Monday, February 2nd.
- Homework 3, due Friday, February 12th.
- Homework 4, due Wednesday, February
- Homework 5, due Friday, March 5th.
- Homework 6, due Wednesday, March 24th.
- Homework 7, due Monday, April 5th.
- Homework 8, due Friday, April 16th
(which is the day of the exam).
- Homework 9, due Monday, April 26th.
- Homework 10. This homework will NOT
be collected, but one of these problems is guaranteed to be on the
- Exam 1: Friday, February 19th. The exam will cover up through
- Exam 2: Friday, April 16th. Sections TBD.
- Final Exam: Friday May 7th, 10-11:55.