Math 415/515: Combinatorics and Graph Theory; Fall
Time and Location:
MWF 9:55-10:45 AM in Bus Admin 149.
Dr. James (JP) Cossey
Textbook: Required: Introductory
Combinatorics (5th edition) by Richard Brualdi, Prentice Hall.
- Office: CAS 234
- Office Phone: 330 972 8127
- Email is email@example.com (which is the best way to get a hold of
- Office hours:
- Mon 1:15-2:15
- Tu 9-10
- Th 10-11
- If you can't make my office hours, let me know and we can try to
a time to meet. Here is my schedule
for the fall semester.
The syllabus will include information about grading
policies, exam schedules and policies, etc. You
should definitely read it.
Here's an approximate schedule of
what we'll be doing this semester. Emphasis on the "approximate".
Homework will be posted here on this webpage, and will
be due roughly once a week.
- Homework 1, due Monday, September 10th.
- Homework 2, due Friday, September 21st.
- Homework 3, due Monday, October 8th.
- Homework 4, due Friday, October 19th.
- Homework 5, due Friday, November 2nd.
- Homework 6, due Monday, November 12th.
- Homework 7, due Wednesday, November 21st.
- Homework 8, due Friday, December 7th.
Here is the basic info for the poster session for this semester. And a list of potential poster topics. This list is by no means exhaustive, though any topic must be cleared with me first.
For those who are doing the "fancy" laminated version, here is a sample poster you can use as a template.
There will be three in-class exams and a final. The
dates for the in-class exam are not yet set in stone and can be moved
(slightly) if there is popular demand. The date and time of the final
is set in stone and cannot be moved.
- Friday, September 28th. Here is a review for the first exam.
- Friday November 2nd. Here is a review sheet for the second exam.
- Monday December 3rd. Here is a practice exam for this material.
- FINAL EXAM: Wednesday December 12th 12-1:55 in our regular classroom. Here is an old final you can use to practice for the final.