Math 415/515: Combinatorics and Graph Theory; Fall
Time and Location:
TuTh 9:15-10:30 AM in Kolbe 215.
Dr. James (JP) Cossey
Textbook: Required: Introductory
Combinatorics (5th edition) by Richard Brualdi, Prentice Hall.
- Office: CAS 234
- Office Phone: 330 972 8127
- Email is email@example.com (which is the best way to get a hold of
- Office hours:
- If you can't make my office hours, let me know and we can try to
a time to meet. Here is my schedule
for the fall semester.
The syllabus will include information about grading
policies, exam schedules and policies, etc. You
should definitely read it.
Here's an approximate schedule of
what we'll be doing this semester. Emphasis on the "approximate".
Homework will be posted here on this webpage, and will
be due roughly once a week.
- Homework 1, due Tuesday September 7th.
- Homework 2, due Thursday September 16th.
- Homework 3, due Tuesday Spetember 28th.
- Homework 4, due Tuesday, October 5th.
- Homework 5, due Tuesday, October 19th.
- Homework 6, due Thursday, October 28th.
- Homework 7, due Tuesday, November 9th.
- Homework 8, due Tuesday, November 23rd.
- Homework 9, due at the final, Thursday December 9 (which is 12-2 in our regular classroom).
Here are the
instructions for the poster
projects, as mentioned in the syllabus. Note the deadlines.
There will be two in-class exams and a final. The
dates for the in-class exam are not yet set in stone and can be moved
(slightly) if there is popular demand. The date and time of the final
is set in stone and cannot be moved.
- Exam 1: Tuesday, October 5th, in class. Here is a review sheet for the first exam, which essentially consists of practice questions. This review sheet is not a substitute for countless hours of studying and doing problems, however!
- Exam 2: Tuesday, November 23rd, in class. Here is a review sheet for the second exam.
- Final Exam: Thursday, December 9th: 12PM - 1:55PM. In our
regular classroom. Here is a review sheet for the final exam. Also, I will have office hours next week at a date and time to be announced.