Math 415/515: Combinatorics and Graph Theory; Fall
Time and Location:
MWF 8:50 - 9:40 AM in Crouse 317.
Dr. James (JP) Cossey
Textbook: Required: Introductory
Combinatorics (5th edition) by Richard Brualdi, Prentice Hall. (NOTE:
This is different than what was recently posted here - we are using the
Brualdi book, which the bookstore has, rather than the Roberts and
Tesman book, which the bookstore does not have.)
- Office: CAS 234
- Office Phone: 330 972 8127
- Email is email@example.com (which is the best way to get a hold of
- Office hours:
- Monday 2-3
- Wednesday 3-4
- Thursday 10-11
- If you can't make my office hours, let me know and we can try to
a time to meet. Here is my schedule
for the fall semester.
The syllabus will include information about grading
policies, exam schedules and policies, etc. You
should definitely read it.
Here's an approximate schedule of
what we'll be doing this semester. Emphasis on the "approximate".
Homework will be posted here on this webpage, and will
be due roughly once a week.
- Homework 1, due Friday, September 4.
- Homework 2, due Wednesday, September
- Homework 3, due Wednesday, September
- Homework 4, due Friday, October 2nd.
- Homework 5, due Friday, October
- Homework 6, due Friday, October 30th.
- Homework 7, due Wednesday, November
- Homework 8, due Friday, November 20th.
- Homework 9, due Friday, December 4th.
Here are the
instructions for the poster
projects, as mentioned in the syllabus. Note the deadlines.
There will be two in-class exams and a final. The
dates for the in-class exam are not yet set in stone and can be moved
(slightly) if there is popular demand. The date and time of the final
is set in stone and cannot be moved.
- Exam 1: Friday, October 2nd.
- Exam 2: Friday, November 20th. (Here's a review sheet for the second exam.)
- Final Exam: Friday, December 11th: 10:00 - 11:55 AM. In our
regular classroom. Here is a
review sheet for the final.